Sharing is caring
I’ve just arrived at the office coming from the 5th editon of Venture Connect and I want to write down some of the ideas & learnings that I’ve found (or remembered) today.
800k900k android activations daily worldwide in Q1 2012 (average txs Dan Virtopeanu for the update)
- 25B global apps market in 2015
- 30k Romanians are going out every weekend (I kinda thought there are more)
- 2.5M smartphones in .ro and 0.5M of them have apps installed
150k180k downloads so far for #1 mobile Romanian app in .ro
- 21.5B global online gaming market in 2015
- 5% of players are actually paying
- the profile of core gamer worldwide is: 75% male, 21yo, 50% play daily, driven by achievements
- kongregate.com has 15m core gamers with an ARPU () 60-100% higher than Fb
- Biggest 6 online markets in the world are .us .uk .de .fr .ca .au (I’m not 100% if its for a specific online market or for apps/gaming/advertising/business – maybe I’ll get a little help here)
Mavenhut.com was one of the best presentation today (and I’m not saying that because I’m a good friend of one of the cofounders 😉 )
It’s a multiplayer casual game platform, started with the most used windows app ever – solitaire :).
In 8 weeks they already have 15k registered players & 700k games played, 81% return visitors with an average of 40 min per visit. 85% of their users are women 42yo.
Monetization: advertising + sell unfair advantages (I loved that 🙂 ) to users: undo, hints, flip deck.
Words of wisdom heard today:
- There’s much more money than talent in Europe, especially in South Eastern Europe (so true, several big players are prospecting our market right now and closing interesting deals)
- 50% of new jobs in france in last 10y came from internet businesses
- „you never count your money when you’re sitting at the table; there’ll be time enough for countin’ when the dealin’s done” – Kenny Rogers, The gambler